July 26, 2013 at 02:02pm
ST. PAUL (July 26, 2012) – Farmfest is set to be at Gilfillan Estate outside Redwood Falls, Minnesota on Tuesday, August 6 - Thursday, August 8, and new this year – Minnesota Farmers Union (MFU) will be selling pizza and have six bikes to give away!
“Farmfest is a tried and true, wonderful summer activity for anyone involved in farming who likes to discuss farm policy and share ideas,” said Doug Peterson, Minnesota Farmers Union President. “New this year for Farmers Union is that we will be selling Big River Pizza by the slice, as well as giving away 6 bikes for the kids, so be sure to stop by the MFU booth, just west of the forum building, to grab a slice, and register to win a bike!”
Minnesota Farmers Union activities:
- selling Big River Pizza (bigriverpizza.com) all day, every day of Farmfest;
- there will be six bikes to give away – three boy and three girl bikes in varying sizes. Register at MFU booth number 509. Drawing for the bikes on Thursday afternoon;
- Minnesota Farmers Union Agency Children’s Pedal Pull, daily at 1 p.m., near entrance gate 2;
- National Farmers Union President Roger Johnson on the Farm Bill panel Tuesday, 10:30 a.m.; and
- Free watermelon feed, Thursday, August 8, 1 p.m., in the forum building.